Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Under My Bed 2015



I'm delighted to announce that I will be taking part in this year's Under My Bed. On Thursday, March 12th, I'll be performing a short piece that I wrote.

Under My Bed raises much needed funds for Barnardos Ireland and it takes place over 3 nights (12-14 March) in Dublin's Smock Alley Theatre.

You can hear stories from people like 2FM's Rick O'Shea and Ruth Scott, Fair City's Ciara O'Callaghan,  former Mountjoy Prison governor John Lonergan and one of my big idols, comedienne and all round incredible woman Tara Flynn.

If you'd like to come along and hear a few tales (tall and otherwise) for a really incredible cause, please do.




Tickets are available to buy here.




Here's more information on the night:

Every child has a space under their bed which can be a stash for their secret things, a hiding space for their favourite loot or where they find long-lost toys. For other children, it can be where they hide from whoever they are afraid of. It is a very personal mental and physical space and sanctuary for children.
Under my Bed invited well-known people from all walks of life to tell us what was under their bed as a child.
In January 2014, over 3 nights in one special theatre, these stories were told. The event raised €13,155.70 in total, and every cent raised went directly to funding the invaluable work of Barnardos, Ireland's leading children's charity. Each year they work with children and families throughout Ireland. 

The best thing about the project was the good vibes that surrounded it - the writers, actors, audience, crew, producers - were all so positive about their participation and the end result. We are thrilled to have the opportunity to create this good will again in 2015.


No comments:

Post a Comment